Last updated [Oct 16, 2020]
We respect the privacy of our users and every person who visits our sites https://edxevents.com/ and https://dxleadersseries.com/. Here, (“we”, “us”, or “our”) We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – European regulation) and the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA – Singapore Regulation). If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based in Singapore. EDX (Enterprise Digital Transformation) was founded by a group of B2B event professionals with more than 10 years of industry experience. They wanted to prove that events are not just about learning and networking – that senior level events can also be creative, purposeful, and more fun than just listening to presentations.
EDX creates not only corporate events but also business intelligence and customized platforms to convert leads and contacts into real deals. EDX believes that a perfect mix of event solutions that suit the client’s needs could impact not only its bottom line, but also the brand experience.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when participating in activities on the websites, or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the websites, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
We collect your first and last name, email address, company, job title, postal address, phone number (office number and mobile number), and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Information automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the websites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our websites and other technical information. If you access our websites with your mobile device, we may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer), operating system, version information, and IP address. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our websites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), as well as from other third parties.
If you have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter, your first name, last name and email address will be shared with our newsletter provider. This is to keep you updated with information and offers for marketing purposes.
Your credit/debit card information or payment information will be processed by the payment platforms available on the websites, which will treat and safeguard your data with total security and with the exclusive purpose of processing the purchase of the services. We reserve the right to contract any payment platform available in the market, which treats your data for the sole purpose of processing the purchase of services.
On our websites you will find links and functions linked to different social networks, in which you can share your information.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- HOW DO YOU GET MY CONSENT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you for related to your account, our business purposes, and/or for legal reasons. We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our websites.
- To protect our websites for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications with your consent. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for our business purposes and as legally required.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm as legally required. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our websites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the websites. These companies may use information about your visits to our websites and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the websites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the websites, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the websites in perpetuity.
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the Singapore. We will not transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient.
- WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. If transactions are processed on the websites, transaction information is transmitted to and from the websites in encrypted form using industry-standard SSL connections to help protect such information from interception. We restrict authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorized to have access to such information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information you provide to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We are in compliance with the requirements of the “GDPR” (General Data Protection Regulation – European regulation) and the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA – Singapore Regulation) regarding the protection of the personal data of minors. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the websites, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the websites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data, we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our websites.
- GDPR ENTITLEMENT
Users who provide information through our websites, as data subjects and data owners, have the right to access, rectify, download or delete their information, as well as to restrict and object to certain processing of their information. While some of these rights apply generally, others apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
- Access and portability: to access and know what information is stored in our servers, you can send us your request through our contact information.
- Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete: You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information.
- Right to be informed: Users of our websites will be informed, upon request, about what data we collect, how it is used, how long it is retained and whether it is shared with third parties.
- Object: When we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you may object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will stop processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate reasons to continue processing it or where it is necessary for legal reasons.
- Revoke consent: Where you have previously given your consent, such as to allow us to process and store your personal information, you have the right to revoke your consent to the processing and storage of your information at any time. For example, you may withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn your consent if we have a legal basis for doing so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
- Complaint: If you wish to file a complaint about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority. Users can exercise all these rights by contacting us through the contact information or the contact page.
- Rights related to automated decision-making, including profiling: website users may request that we provide a copy of the automated processing activities we conduct if they believe that data is being unlawfully processed.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer, at our e-mail email@example.com.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.